TORRE DE PUIG CABRÉ O DEL PETROL - The
Tower of Puig Cabré or the Petrol rises on the top of a mountain creating a
unevenness of 230 metres by the river. One is a fortification of the XIX century
to defend the natural way of communication between the Camp of Tarragona and the
Conca of the Barberà. In 1989 was declared Military Historical Patrimony of
SANT NICOLAU'S CHURCH - Located
in the main nucleus, the floor, big and spacious, has Latin cross form. The
relationship of the main nave with the two lateral ones is raised by a cupola.
It contained an important baroque altarpiece dedicated to Sant Nicolau, patron
saint of the villa, that was burned in 1936. It was constructed between 1764 and
1770. The stone bell tower was finished constructing in 1792 and emphasizes in
the landscape giving a special personality to the village.
THE MILLS - The territory
of the Riba is rich in waters, in addition to the fountains of the population,
the most characteristic fountains are the one of the Mas, Fountain of the
Cadireta, of the Riba, of Gran and the Fountain of Pascual.
Inside the population many streets are aligned as the
one of the Costa; and takes advantage of the fallen of the water is jumping from
a mill to another one. The oldest mills were the mill de ca la Viuda (1721), the
mill de cal Garreta (1758) and the mill of Més Amunt (1791).
Next to the Brugent river there were different mills
and, although most of them corresponded to other municipal terms, their
proprietors were of the Riba. Between these buildings there was the Figuerola's
mill, that counted with an hermitage dedicated to Sant Domènec, mill of the
Font Gran (at the beginning of the century it became a fish farm), mill of Mas
(building destined to the future stationer museum).
Close to the Francolí river, the mill of the Estret, mill of the Manxes, mill
of the Roca (converted in an industry), mill of the Roixeles, the most important
and where the spinners, the paper and the bleach were made.
The watered down of Santa Tecla of 1874, damaged the
mills installed in the two river basins.